Marque Du Layfatte | Teen Ink

Marque Du Layfatte

By RamonaThePunkRocker GOLD, Henderson, Nevada
RamonaThePunkRocker GOLD, Henderson, Nevada

According to the Webster’s new explorer’s dictionary and thesaurus the denotation of freedom is “the quality or state of being free.” A French man Lafayette always believed in freedom and helped America gain our own. Marque du Lafayette made a significant impact on our country’s history because he became a general in the revolutionary war, become an aide-de-camp to George Washington, and won the revolutionary war at York town.

When Lafayette was only nine-teen years of age, when he left France to fight alongside the colonists in the Revolutionary War. Lafayette was already in a lofty position as a major general with high ranking. He also had his own pluton of soldiers at his command. His first battle was the infamous battle at Bunker Hill.

Unfortunately Lafayette was shot and wounded by a British soldier at Bunker Hill. George Washington was impressed by the young generals bravery and asked to meet the general in person. The pair became good friend. Soon after Lafayette became an Aide-de-camp to Washington.
Young Lafayette left America for six months to return to France. When he returned to America he and his men cut off Cornwallis at Yorktown, Cornwallis surrendered to marque and won the revolutionary war.

Marque du Lafayette shaped our country. Without him, we would have never gained our independence. He became a general in the revolutionary war, was and aide-de camp to George Washington, and won the revolutionary war at York town. He will always be a hero in America.

Layfatte shaped the United States. He is a true american hero even if he is French.