Beyonce Knowles: One in a Million | Teen Ink

Beyonce Knowles: One in a Million

By Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia
Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia

Life is a stage, get on it and perform your best act.

Beyonce Giselle Knowles was born on September 4, 1981 in Houston, Texas. At an early age, Beyonce knew that she wanted to be a singer. Knowles has had a huge amount of success with her group Destiny's Child and as a solo artist. In her solo career, Beyonce has made and released four albums and each one has been a major hit.

Beyonce's first taste of changing the style of music came in 2001 when Destiny's Child released their song called "Bootylicious". The song became so popular in the R&B and pop culture that the name of the song was later put into the dictionary! Her world-wide epidemics didn't stop there.

In 2003, Knowles released her first solo album entitled "Dangerously in Love". Her most classic song and hit was included on the album, "Crazy in Love". This song/video started the "uh-oh" dance, which is still performed by millions of fans today.

In 2004, Destiny's Child released their fourth and last album entitled "Destiny Fulfilled" and performed their last song together at the 2005 BET Awards. They then went their seperate ways later that year.

In 2008, Knowles released her third album, "I Am...Sasha Fierce". This of course brought about another epidemic. Her hit song from the album, "Single Ladies" was her biggest epidemic yet. After the video for the song was released, fans all over the world started to make their own versions of it. During her I Am... tour, Beyonce brought one of her fans on stage to perform "Single Ladies" with her.

Earlier this year, Beyonce gave birth to her first child, Blue Ivy Carter. News about Beyonce's pregnancy had been in the media months before. People were accusing Beyonce of not giving birth to Blue Ivy. No matter what Beyonce does, it always ends up in the media some kind of way; she's definitely a public figure. Beyonce has not only shaped and influenced the music industry, but entertainment in general.

I'm a huge fan of Beyonce!!!!!