Sir Thomas Malory | Teen Ink

Sir Thomas Malory

By Kelseybreanne GOLD, Loganville, Georgia
Kelseybreanne GOLD, Loganville, Georgia

There are many uncertainties in the life of Sir Thomas Malory. In fact, there are more uncertainties than certainties. He is thought to have been born in 1405, but some have said he was born before then, and some say he was born after that. He was elected to parliament twice. He also had a very long rap sheet. It is also believed that he escaped from jail on at least two separate occasions. He was imprisoned in London several times and somehow managed to get out on bail. He once received a pardon from King Henry VI, but King Henry VI and Edward IV rejected pardons for him on more than one occasion. He is most known for his book Le Morte d'Arthur which is composed of stories that he has written and his take on older stories written by other famous authors. It is believed by some that he may have written part of this book while in prison. He was known for many wrongdoings, but when he wrote his book that all changed. It is believed that Sir Thomas Malory died in March 1471. The exact date and what he died of is still unknown.

TheoBV SILVER said...
TheoBV SILVER, Pound Ridge, New York
I've read the Book Le Morte D'Arthur, and was interested in finding out some stuff about the author. Your article told me exactly what I wanted to know.