To the boy who holds my heart-goodbye. | Teen Ink

To the boy who holds my heart-goodbye.

September 26, 2008
By Anonymous

Dear Pablo,

This year has truly been an amazing year. We started out as great friends, and I guess this is how we’re going to end it. I’ll never forget the day we met, when we were seated next to each other in math class and the first thing I ever said to you was “Are you from Italy?” Looking back, I can’t believe I was so stupid to think that you would be from Italy. But what I can’t believe the most is that the year is gone and you are leaving. We’ve had some seriously amazing times, from our nonstop retarded inside jokes to my teaching you SOME of the bad side of the American language (and watching you get detention for it); this has been the best time of my life.

This should be the point in time where I stop writing, but I’m going to keep going, because there are a lot of things I have to say to you, and so I might as well say it now. I think you are an amazing guy and an amazing friend. You have been there for me when I didn’t have anyone else to tell my crap to. And I know you hate hearing this because you hear it all the time, but I do love you, in all ways possible: I love you as a friend, I love you for the guy you are, and I love you for the great guy you will become. You’re one of the best guy friends I have ever had, and I’m so glad that we got to meet and become friends. But I want you to stay that way, Pablo. Stay the good guy that you are. Don’t change unless it’s for the better. Don’t forget me and make sure you e-mail and call me a ton. Take care of yourself and I really hope that we will see each other soon.

Love,

Soukee