Rodman Philbrick | Teen Ink

Rodman Philbrick

January 10, 2014
By JohnEd BRONZE, Logan, Ohio
JohnEd BRONZE, Logan, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
When the going gets tough the tough the tough gets going.


Rodman Philbrick was born in Boston Massachusettes in 1951. He grew up on the English Coast where he worked as a longshoreman and a boat builder. For a while he wrote a bunch of mysteries and detective novels. The Private Eye writers of America nominated two of his T.D Stash series as best detective novel, and then selected Philbrick’s “Brothers and Sinners” as best novel in 1993. A gothic tale of slavery and sea captains “Coffins” was published in 2002. He wrote under the pen name Eilliam R. Dantz, he has explored the near future worlds of genetic engineering and high-tech brain control in books like Hunger, Pulse, The Seven Sleepers, and Nine Levels Down. He has published three thrillers under the pen name Chris Jordan, Taken, Trapped, and Torn featuring a F.B.I special spy who specializes in recovering lost children. He wrote Freak the Mighty by inspiration of a kid a few blocks down. His awards are Shamus award-best detective novel “Brothers and Sinners”, the Judy Lopez honor, California young readers medal, Arizona young readers medal,Maryland middle school medal. Nebraska Golden Sower, New York's Charlottes Web award,Wyoming soaring Eagle award, Isinglass Teen reader award, and the New-berry Honor award.