The Big Cold?? | Teen Ink

The Big Cold??

By KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey
KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey

“There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.”

"We are ready for you Kaela." My bed is wheeled down the blank hall. All I see is a blur of white everywhere. I feel something tugging at my arm and as I look up I see a plastic bag full of liquid running into my arm. I look down at my clothes to see I am wearing a dress but I am still not sure where I am. "Ok, Kaela we will begin emergency surgery now."

That wasn't my story. And it wasn't Kaela. It was my aunt, Sandy. Who had died from cancer. This is why if I could invent anything I could imagine, I would choose to invent a machine called Cancer Obstructing Life is Destroyed. It would cure all types of cancer instantly.
After my aunt passed due to cancer I learned how much she had to struggle just to keep breathing. I just wanted to help but there was nothing I could do. I thought she deserved better. That no one should have to deal with the everyday pain of cancer. There are cures for it out there, however none of them are for all types of cancer. Also, most treatments are expensive and families can't afford them without going bankrupt. C.O.L.D would be affordable to everyone so they don’t have to worry about making enough money and can focus on getting better.

Unfortunately with existing medical treatments, there is always a possibility the patient won't get better. C.O.L.D would have a 100% kill rate of cancer and it would act almost instantly. This machine would benefit communities and families everywhere who suffer from cancer. This would make "the big C" look like the common cold.

This treatment is a life saver. Most people die from cancer because they can't afford treatment or it doesn't work. This would fix that problem and be known as the greatest cure for cancer ever invented. It could prevent families from going through what I did. It could save children so they can see their sixteenth birthday. Not to mention, it may also save you one day.

I want people to realize how much a danger cancer is. This is a real epidemic and i hope we could have a machine like this.