Dr. Scott Harrington oral and facial surgery | Teen Ink

Dr. Scott Harrington oral and facial surgery

March 17, 2014
By zac graham BRONZE, Mcdonough, Georgia
zac graham BRONZE, Mcdonough, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

At a dentist office eighty-nine patients tested positive for Hepatitis C. The dentist practice is in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The dentist practice is located in the suburbs of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Four cases of HIV occurred and they were traced back to that dentist practice. The state health organization shut down the Harrington’s dental practice in March. The state health asked for 7,000 of his patients to be tested for Hepatitis C and HIV. Dr. Harrington had several Sterilization and infractions at his oral surgeon offices because unauthorized employees were working. I thought the whole situation was messed up how innocent people got infected. These people should not have to go through these pains and suffering Dr. Harrington should be thrown in jail for his dumb actions. He should have been more careful with who he was hiring. The employees should have been more careful with the needles they were using. The employees are just as guilty as he is. It is sad how patients came to get their teeth cleaned or have surgery but instead got a disease.


The author's comments:
This piece should show awareness to people who don't know much about their doctors office.