Ouija Board | Teen Ink

Ouija Board

June 1, 2014
By brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ouija Boards

Ouija boards have always scared many people. Do you believe the evil spirits that come with it? No one really knows how it tells the future and possessess that power. Many believe demons are behind it all. Everyone fears that they are opening a window into the “unknown.” People believe that demonic possessions can come from the board.
The ouija board was first released in 1980. Elijah Bond created the game. People loved the game so much because they got answers to things they didn’t think they could have answers to. No one really thought about who was giving the answers back to them. When people started having weird things happen to them they realized they were opening up a door to spirits (Cain).

Ouija boards are a passage from the unknown world into ours. Mostly when you are talking to a “spirit” it usually is a demon. Demons will trick you in the game, they will tell you they are a good spirit. Many cases of talking to a demon can cause haunting or possession. The story of the Exorcism started from a ouija board (Gruss)

There are others that believe that none of this is true. Scientist have done studies on the ouija board in a lab. They realized that the subjects were moving the board. Studies showed that whatever was going through the subjects mind is what they would spell out on the ouija board (Schneck).

Some believe it’s true from all the crazy stories you may hear. It’s up to you to decide what you believe is real and fake. Ouija boards are still very common and popular in many cultures and are used to connect to the non-living. Use with caution when you think you are talking to a “good” spirit. You never know.