Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha County

January 15, 2015
By Borgerding GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Borgerding GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
17 articles 0 photos 0 comments

     Lynndale Farms is a quiet, quaint neighborhood on the edge of Pewaukee. Two ponds across from each other, great for children to fish and watch frogs frolic. Endless trails outline the subdivision, inviting neighbors to explore. Filled with fond childhood memories. This neighborhood is my treasure of Waukesha County.
     I had a best friend named Emily who lived across the street. We’ve known each other since birth and were inseparable. Summers were our favorite as we explored the trails riding in a cart pulled behind a fourwheeler. We had the time of our lives! During the evenings, we sat at the edge of our yards and talked for hours. Simple, carefree and no worries.
     Our families were close. At night we had neighbors over and had bonfires, played games, and fooled around. Nights like those make me wish I could go back.
     As much as this is embarrassing to admit, Emily and I got creative and made YouTube videos. In these videos, we made “nerdy parties.” We dressed as nerds and did humiliating things. Nerds playing baseball, making food, dancing and singing to Hannah Montana. To this day I still look back at those videos and laugh and wonder what we were thinking.
     As we grew older, we started growing apart. New friends, new experiences and new interests separated us, but I will never forget the bond we had. Emily and the childhood memories we shared will always live in heart in the neighborhood of Lynndale Farms.