Gentle Snow | Teen Ink

Gentle Snow MAG

By Anonymous

   Whenthe first snowflake of winter floated down, it was a special moment. A sense ofdelight and peacefulness filled my soul. I walked along with a slight chill andcomfort in my heart. It seemed as if every snowflake that fell was hope, love,happiness, honesty, compassion or joy. It was a spectacular day.

The firstsight of a snowflake last year was magical. I can remember that day vividly. Iwas on my way home after a long day of school and I met up with a friend on mywalk. The chill was sweet and everything seemed in slow motion. The crystalflakes looked like they were dancing to the ground. Then they would quietlydisappear. My eyes were bright, my smile was big, and my whole body feltgood.

As I neared home, my friend and I suddenly stopped. I didn't knowexactly why. I saw him standing there with something clearly on his mind. I sawhim for what seemed like the first time. His eyes were a deep blue with comfortand magic. I could see his breath slowly disappear as he exhaled. We stood therewatching each other for seconds, though it felt like hours. The world stopped,and there was only the sight of him and crystal snowflakes falling. He slowlystepped forward and gently kissed my nose. Warmth surged through my body. As hereached for my hand, he said, "You're the greatest friend ever. I'm so gladto be here with you."

I wanted to cry, but tears of joy, notsadness. He walked away. I was in such shock that I just stood there.

Thegreatest thing happened to me on the best day. Ever since then I have felt lovefor him. Now with every snowflake that falls, a picture comes to mind with thesame look on his face. With every flake, the feelings come back in calm whispers.Nothing is better than the first snowflake of winter.