After The Test | Teen Ink

After The Test MAG

By Anonymous

   Sittingin the classroom that Saturday morning, waiting for the hours and hours oftesting to be over. Numbers, equations, reading passages, sentence completions,analogies fill my mind until it can't hold any more. The test is over, my lastattempt at an exam that will have a major impact on my future. All the studying,tutoring, test taking ... All the time spent preparing and practicing is finallyover. I hop in my car to drive home, my chest still tight, my heart pounding sohard I can actually hear it. Did I do it? Will this test score make or break mychances of getting into the schools I want? How can this one test be so critical?I grip the wheel tightly. Finally I reach home and put my car in park. I stare atthe window. I can't wait. I can't wait to burst into my room and crash on my bed.I open the front door, and hear it slam shut. I throw my bags down on the livingroom couch and run up the stairs. I fling open the door to my room and stop deadfor a moment to stare at the king-size bed covered with a billowy, red, white,blue, and green comforter. I fall into the soft sheets and blanket with all thepillows surrounding me - no worries, no responsibilities, no frustrations, justthe tranquility of my room.