Action! | Teen Ink

Action!

March 16, 2016
By FUREJ BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
FUREJ BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

And…….Action!

Cut!Quiet on the set!Cue the explosion! The sweet-sweet sounds of a set for a sequel to your favorite science fiction movie. The starring actor heads back to his dressing room. Meanwhile, the scripter writes rapidly as he hands the sloppy mess to the actor. The art of filmmaking is more than just filming a person that is speaking. There is much more to it. Filmmakers don’t have it easy, but the grass is greener on the other side, you just have to walk through the fence to the other side.


Wait, that shoot is today?

Theater arts is a filmmaking career that consists of directing, scripting, acting, and producing. You will be required to write fluently as a scripter. Actors must not be shy because lots of people will see the end result of your work. Directors have most of the pressure on them as the movie or tv show mainly relies on them. All these types of people must notice you before you get a starring role in an academy award film or play(“10 Sacrifices an Actor Makes”). Everyone has  to start somewhere so don’t get irritated if you don’t get immediate results.

Learn your part by tomorrow!!!!!!!

There are many popular schools that major in performing arts. The most popular college for filmmakers is UCLA. Other colleges like Vincennes and Indiana Wesleyan are much more close to home. The colleges require lots of skill In writing(“Indiana Colleges: Performing Arts - Niche”). Scripters need to be very good writers in order to make an interesting script. Anyone who wants to be an actor is required to be good in conversation and public speaking.

Spoiler alert, he dies at the end!

The average salary of an entertainer depends on the size of the act. Big actors like matt damon, will smith, and Adam Sandler make up to 9 million a year because of their acting(“What Are the Typical Starting & Average Salaries for an Actor?”). Also, TV or commercial actors make about 800 a week which is also very good for a bootleg part. Extras usually make up to about 1000 or 2000 a year which isn't exactly enough to live on.

The Oscar goes to…….

Overall, theater can be a combination of many interesting jobs. Whether you're filming the scene, you're in the scene, or you’re making the scene sound professional, they all contribute. Performing arts requires a lot of creativity, colorfulness, and bravery. Congrats, you got the part. Now go home and give me your headshot.

 



Works Cited
“10 Sacrifices an Actor Makes.” Backstage.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2016.
“Indiana Colleges: Performing Arts - Niche.” Niche.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2016.
“What Are the Typical Starting & Average Salaries for an Actor?” N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2016.


The author's comments:

this i what i'd like to do as a job