Future | Teen Ink

Future

By aditipallod GOLD, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
aditipallod GOLD, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."

Confucius

Do you ever think about the future? As a teenager, that thought encompasses most of what I think about. I'm always torn between those who tell me to enjoy now and those who tell me that this is a critical period in my life where I should work hard. I look at everyone having fun, and realize that I need to as well, but then I see all of the work that I need to complete.

Sometimes, I don't even do that work! I just waste time, and that's the absolute worst. Then, I start thinking even deeper. What is the purpose of humanity in this world -- what are we doing here? I think of how corrupt our society is, and how we're destroying our Earth. It doesn't matter what job you do, as long it is something that you love. The ones who succeed are the ones who work toward doing something that they enjoy doing. There is no purpose in being as rich as can be if you complete forget about who and what you care about.

I try not to think about WHY humanity is here, because, in the end, it doesn't matter. We are a thriving society, and not much is going to change. Everyone is going to be very competitive all through life, but the most important thing to do is to try your best.

My goal is to make a change in the community. I want to engage in something that will change humanity for the better. I'm very interested in biomedical research, but I also like to write. I want to talk about controversial topics and help others. All I am certain about is that from now on, I will always put all of my effort in my work, be the best version of myself, and I will do the things I love.