A Fighter? Or a Walk-Over? | Teen Ink

A Fighter? Or a Walk-Over?

By Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona
Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona

change your life

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Ada

Everyone has a personality. I have decided to declare mine and think with my own mind. I noticed that everyone should voice their opinion. When I met my friend's sister I noticed that she was very unique. She had a way of saying things and was interesting. She wore the clothes that were different and made people judge her but she didn't care. She was a fighter. After having her as my influence I noticed things that were not right. I noticed racisms, sexism, violence, and how close minded people were to not even car to know the inner beauty. As a fighter I stood up to this, my biggest problem was sexism. In gym class I ran faster and became the 2nd fastest runner, I got into the games, and wasn't afraid to tackle a boy in football. One day, on the bus I sat down alone then the bus slowly filled up. A boy in my grade who always was rude to me asked to sit with me and I said,' yes.' I got up so he cold sit by the window, but he didn't want to. So I just sat down. He sat down pushing me but then I pushed back. Eventually he went away. I think he thought he would get away with pushing me over like the other girls and thought he was stronger than a girl but he was a stick while I eat real food like protein and milk. I just thought about it and it kind of reminded me of Rosa parks act. She refused to give up and not let people walk over her. And eventually America changed to let African-Americans get rights. She was a fighter. I am a fighter. At times I felt weak because I cried because of a crisis going on in my life. But everyone needs to cry. The difference is if you wallow in your crisis or if you keep coming. A book that helped me find who I was is reach! by Laila Ali. People can change and become a fighter except sometimes it's not easy, everyone battles different things. But it's up to you to decide who you are. Are you are fighter? Or a walk-over, Or something else?

please comment and rate on my work so i can improve! thanks!

NicoleDanielle SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
Love this Mary. It's so true.