Positive Social Media? Impossible to achieve? | Teen Ink

Positive Social Media? Impossible to achieve?

April 19, 2017
By Travelergirl DIAMOND, Central, Utah
Travelergirl DIAMOND, Central, Utah
64 articles 5 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not judge my story by the chapter you walked in on"- Unknown


Social media is now a basic part of the world. Everyone has at least one social media account whether it is facebook, instagram, ect. It has inveloped almost every human in it's fun free way, but is it doing more harm then good? Social media is also one of the most common ways that people get bullied. It is a sewer pit full of nasty comments and horrible pictures. Parents are afraid to let kids have access to the internet because of what might pop up and scar kids eyes for life! I think you get it.... the internet is a scary place, and social media is just a quicker access to the dark sie of the internet. (it's a horrible place.... don't search it up!) I suggest that we do something about it. We should bury the mean comments in loving happy ones. We should report bad things that pop up on our accounts so they don't continue to show up! We should protect ourselves from the horrors and welcome in the good! Positive social media.... is it impossible to achieve?