Climate Change | Teen Ink

Climate Change

By Luke_Sjoquist BRONZE, Goodhue, Minnesota
Luke_Sjoquist BRONZE, Goodhue, Minnesota

Global warming was a solid theory up until a decade ago. Not everyone agreed to the theory. Some believed it and some did not. There has been a lot of research and climates are changing all around the world. Rapid climate change is taking away the habitats of many species all over the world. Climate change is natural but in the last few hundred years it has been sped up because of the artificial things that humans do. I will talk about Global Warming, Artificial pollution, and some of the harms of the environment.

Global warming happens when carbon dioxide, air pollutants, and other greenhouse gases collect in the atmosphere. Normally this radiation would escape on into space but these stay in the atmosphere and gets trapped. This is what causes it to get warmer and warmer and that is called the greenhouse effect. The largest source of heat-trapping pollution is burning fossil fuels for electricity. Producing about 2 billion tons of carbon dioxide every year according to nrdc.

Pollution can be caused both by natural sources and humans. Volcanic eruption is an example of natural pollution. When a volcano erupts, it releases sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, and solid particles. One major source of air pollution is combustion of fossil fuel to run industrial machines and generate electricity. Another major source is the carbon monoxide that comes out of the exhaust of your car.

Global Warming is projected to have a number effects on the oceans. These ongoing effects include rising sea levels due to thermal expansion and melting of the glaciers and ice sheets. Also warming of the surface of oceans, leading to increased temperature stratification. Also agriculture is affecting agriculture by the increasing temperatures. Now we own a farm and there are fields all around my house and I can tell in the summer that the crops are having trouble growing because the increasing temperatures. Some of the crops that farmer grow, are crucial to  Global warming, artificial pollution, and the harms can really leave an effect on the the world.   Rapid climate change is taking away the habitats of many species all over the world. Climate change is natural but in the last few hundred years it has been sped up by artificial things that humans do. I really think that we can change the climate change by just laying off things that cause major pollution. Just like they are making electric cars to get rid of car pollution. Global Warming was a solid theory up until about a decade ago and many scientists were not believing it anymore. So I really think if we can crack down on to these little things to get rid of Global Warming.