Bold, Black, and Beautiful | Teen Ink

Bold, Black, and Beautiful

By M501athletic GOLD, USA, Other
M501athletic GOLD, USA, Other

It is never too late to have a new dream- C.S. Lewis

I was one of those girls who looked at other girls and looked at myself. Sometimes, I still do. This is for all the girls and women out there who wants to see themself as something more than what they already are.  I am black, strong, independent, lovely, kind, bold, intelligent, and persistent. Must I list the rest on this list.

It's hard to express my feeling while talking. However, writing is the best way for me to express what I really feel. My curly hair is not a burden, it's not a dissapointment. It might be a little wild sometimes, maybe a struggle to handle, maybe a lot of work to tend to. But, it's my crown, and I will care for it as such. My brown skin glistens in the sun and comes in all shades per person. Beautiful. I am almost 17 years old, and I am here to say, that when I graduate, I want to look back on this article and remember how I felt about myself about this moment in time, and progress each year from there. Yes, I still have some insecurities and doubts sometimes; but, hey, I'm human. It's what one does with their insecurities that matter. Do something good with it, turn it around and make something positive with that. Find all your flaws, notice them, list them, and fix them. Easier said than done, huh? Yeah, well it's going to take time. But, with time comes patience and persistence. This gos for all girls out there. However, I'm a black young adult who is still trying to find herself out here in this world. God's beautiful black child is ready to take the path that was set out for me by the one and only creator. I will be successful. No matter how many obstackes come my way, I will find a way to overcome them. I thank God for creating me to be a bold, black and beautiful woman.

This goes for all of youe women out there who are trying to find yourselves while also being comfortable in your skin. Inspiration is key.