Holly Bryk JDHS MYP | Teen Ink

Holly Bryk JDHS MYP

January 16, 2019
By KevinPretko BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
KevinPretko BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I think that Holly Bryk of Dickinson MYP should be Educator of the Year. She teaches Spanish there.  I had Señora Bryk for 6th,7th, and 8th Grade.

 

I think Mrs. Bryk should be Educator of the Year because of how she handles the material; she takes what she’s supposed to teach us and makes it so that everyone can understand what she’s teaching. Even if you’ve never learned Spanish in your life, if you sit in a classroom with her for an hour, you could understand basic greetings in Spanish.

 


She also has an amazing ability to make the class interesting and fun for everyone. She gets everyone involved in the class before you even walk in the door. On your way in the door you must answer a question she asks you in Spanish. I think that this gets you zoned in on what your’re doing later in class. Even some of the little things that we did in her class made it so everyone was easily in reach of success. She made every day fun; there was never a day where you were zoning off or weren’t paying attention because every step was designed so you weren’t confused, and if you were confused, she is always there to help and make it so you can do it.

 


Señora Bryk made it so that after we had a rough week or maybe had some rough classes there was always Spanish to look forward to. Every Friday we had our Viernes Cheer were randomly you would be given a paper with a letter that spelled out Viernes, and you would say you letter. It would get everyone in the zone for Spanish and let them focus on the task at hand. We also had Musica Miercoles, where she would put on a Dancing Video, and we would dance to it.  It got everyone’s mind off all the stress and calmed things down so we could perform better in class and throughout the day.

 

 

These examples are clear evidence that Señora Bryk’s work and effort she  put in the classroom has affected many and deserves recognition. She makes Spanish fun and understandable for even 6th graders who have never even heard Spanish before. She helped me learn Spanish and her 120% positivity in the classroom helped me all through middle school. There was never a moment where she didn’t have a smile on her face.  For all these reasons and more, I’m nominating Señora Bryk for Teen Ink’s Educator of the Year!


The author's comments:

Holy Bryk teaches Spanish at JDHS MYP