Edcucator of the year | Teen Ink

Edcucator of the year

By NicoleA24 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
NicoleA24 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

This is a teachers appreciation, to a teacher I admire a lot and look up to since I came to Dickinson high school. Her name is Ms.Hairston. Ms Hairston is an awesome, funny and caring person to be around. She reminds me of teachers in New York, who are also funny and caring teachers. They are also on top of their teaching.

One reason why I appreciate Ms.hairston, She gives me good advice. I had issues in this school and the arguments. she would be the first person to just call my name and ask me “what’s wrong ?” other teachers will just see you upset and don’t say anything, Ms Hairston doesn’t.

Another reason why I appreciate Ms.Hairston Because Her class isn’t boring, it’s different not just taking notes on paper. Taking notes on a computer, Watching good entertaining psychology videos and fun little projects. Her class won’t make you fall asleep her class would actually want you to learn, as it does for me.

Another reason I appreciate Ms.Hairston, She’s a relatable person she would relate to everything and help us out. some conversations you have with Ms.Hairston will make you rethink about some things or situations. she honestly had made me think about situations where I was going to do the wrong things. She’s like a school mom to me I have to behave and make her proud.

There’s plenty of reasons to why appreciate Ms.Hairston she just a caring person who would worry about some students that respect her, if you respect her she will respect you and advice you. She will help you in any way she can but it’s up to you to take the advice into consideration. I do, I appreciate everything she does for me for giving me advice, making me feel better about the situation, for always giving me hugs when need and even when I don’t need them.