Educator of the Year:Mrs. Igo Perez | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year:Mrs. Igo Perez

May 31, 2019
By ryleedobrowolski BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
ryleedobrowolski BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

An educator who I think deserves the Educator of the Year award should be kind, friendly, and special. They should not just be your educator; they should be someone you can talk to and be their friend. The teacher who fits this description is Mrs. Igo-Perez. She was my middle school Spanish teacher at Brandywine Springs. She is the most caring and kind person I have ever met.


I had Mrs. Igo for 3 years,and she was the best teacher I had in middle school. She was caring and devoted to all of her students. In class;she would always make it fun. When we had to learn verbs in Spanish ,we would make dances and songs to them. I still remember them, and  I use them to this day to help me in Spanish . She would always crack jokes to lighten the situation in times where learning wasn't so fun. The activities that we did weren't anything we did in normal classes like English and math.


I was lucky to have not 1 but 3 years of class with Mrs. Igo. She taught me things that I never thought I could learn. I never thought I'd be able to speak sentences in Spanish or that it would get through my head. Only some teachers can get their point across or get me interested in learning and wanting to learn more. I felt confident in Spanish that I wanted to jump to Spanish 2 in high school. Thanks to Ms. Igo my interest in the language grew.


Mrs. Igo was always nice and caring and treated me like her own kid. There were many times I would come in her class just to chat and catch up. She would tell me when I was making a mistake in life and would tell me how to fix it. Most teachers wouldn’t even care to say anything, but Mrs. Igo always gave great advice on boys, drama ,and just life lessons.She always seemed to know anything about everything ,and that's what made her easy to talk to.


Mrs. Igo-Perez should be Educator of the Year. She deserves the award because of her loving and caring personality.  She got me through middle school ,and I could not have been where I am today without her. I am beyond glad that I was able to have her as a teacher of mine.


The author's comments:

I wrote about my middle school spanish teacher