Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By persephonecel SILVER, Delhi, Other
persephonecel SILVER, Delhi, Other

Even if there's a tiny tiny chance, isn't that worth going for it?
Louis Tomlinson

The battle’s in your hands now, but I would lay my armor down, if you said you’d rather love than fight.
Taylor Swift

In this fast-paced world alongside unpredictable choices we make are filled with the stress of daily living, and every person lessens it with “their” person. A person who has been and always will be my educator is my father.

Ditching the preconceived notion of a scolding image of a father, he has broken all the prejudices by acquainting me with whatever stuff I ask for.

Born on 1st April 1979 in a small town he didn’t have all the luxuries or the comforts provided to him. In fact, from the start, he had always had it harder. As a child, he had a keen interest in entrepreneurship and businesses starting small businesses in various fields just to see what worked out for him. He started out selling kites to little kids for double the price, then books, then a kinda small library. Little by little he started selling milk as we had cows in my hometown. As he grew up, he always dreamt of being a soldier as he is patriotic and wanted to serve the nation. As fate would want he DID get into the military but soon he’d have to leave it.

“Broken hearts are like glasses, once broken it can be mended,

But it’ll never be the same.”

That’s probably how he felt when he had to come back from the military in under a year due to some family problems. That’s when he started a job with his intricate management skills and his smart business ideas. As far as he remembers he started as an employee with just a little amount. He worked in that company for almost 15 years. After 15 years he lost his job which left him in a very high position with a lot of knowledge, wisdom, and experience in his field with a good pay scale. This was yet another shocker for our family, especially my father who had already felt gone through something similar before. He was left heartbroken and that’s when my mum suggested he start and find a job but he resented it. An idea struck his mind that he could do what he had always wished. He asked my mum to give him exactly 2 years. That’s on him, now he has a company that is well-known and supplies all over India.

Coming onto the life lessons he has taught me to date, he is a risky person and is not scared to take chances at all. He is the person who has taught me that I can achieve anything I want through persistence and constant hard work just like he worked for my admission for more than a year, just to make sure I get the best treatment and the best of best education to have a bright future and earn a livelihood. He has also taught me to try new things whether it was when he bought TWO IMPORTED guitars for me or buying the best quality wheels for me when I tried skating. Or whether it was me trying rope skipping, dancing, drawing, English vocal, or Hindi vocal.

Above all this, he has ignited a flame in me of being a successful writer in English which is genetic as he had a keen interest in English and used to teach it to little kids in his locality. Along with this, he has taught me humanity like when he does so much for charity work, orphanages and his extreme love for pigeons. He has done so much not just for them but his family members, even his siblings by keeping every perspective in a family. He understands me without even saying anything to me.

Although it might look like I am my daddy’s daughter or the perfect kid but trust me I am not. I am the most rebellious teen you’ll ever meet but that does not deny that he really is the best. He tries to best to fulfil our needs, gives us time, and listens to our problems.

Lastly, he might not be as “perfect” as I describe him as a person but as a father, he really gives his best effort, and he tries to keep it all balanced while sacrificing his desires and wishes if they intervene between his work.

Furthermore, his work, persistence, devotion, dedication, and conduct are an inspiration to me.

Here’s a little poem I wrote for him:-

I wanted to write a poem about you

But couldn’t find a part that wasn’t already poetic of you

You my dad, I truly love you

Not just for all the things you do

But if I still had to write a poem about my dad

It’d comprise only all the happy memories and nothing sad

It’d be about all the things he did

Spoiling me with all the luxuries as a kid

It’d show his love and nothing at all

As it is because of him that I’m standing so tall

Here’s to my champion, a legend in my eyes,

Dear Dad,

You truly are a Paladin in disguise!

heylo !

this side persephone, i'm a budding writer, songwriter, singer and I wrote this essay to depict my love for my dad as an educator.