Mrs. Catarozzoli | Teen Ink

Mrs. Catarozzoli

By addisonmeissner BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
addisonmeissner BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

We all have that one teacher throughout the years in school we felt the most comfortable going to for help. While I do feel there are many teachers that support me, Mrs. Catarozzoli-my school nurse at Arrowhead High School-is that teacher for me and many others at Arrowhead. She always has open arms, a kind and sympathetic attitude, and willingness to help any student who comes to her. 

I’ve noticed Mrs. Catarozzoli always has had an uplifting spirit, but there was one time specifically I realized how much I appreciated having her. I got fired from my job in a text during my first period of the school day and immediately headed to her office. Not knowing what to think at the moment and not being able to keep myself together, I went to her office. The instant Mrs. Catarozzoli saw my low spirit walking through the door she became sympathetic and understanding. She comforted and assured me. In other instances, any student who comes to her with an issue, leaves her office feeling better. Her ability to ease students is incredible. I see this with every student who comes to her; Mrs. Catarozzoli is always willing to help with a smile on her face. 

Regardless of a physical injury or mental battle, Mrs. Catarozoli is always there for the students and is not just our school nurse but like a second mom to everyone at arrowhead. Through Mrs. Catarozzoli, I’ve begun to appreciate how important it is to have a sympathetic, compassionate, and welcoming soul to lean on, especially during the school day. She inspires me to try and be that person to others as well.