Mrs. Danay | Teen Ink

Mrs. Danay

It’s the start of my junior year at Arrowhead High School. I walk into my Graphic Design for Business class. I was excited to take this class and learn more about graphic design. I was interested in this career field, so I thought that this class would be the perfect fit for me. Little did I know, this class would change my life.

I remember that first day, and seeing Mrs. Danay greet the class with the brightest smile on her face. She greeted me with the same smile every day. Not only did I learn great information about graphic design, but I also gained a teacher that I could trust and knew that she valued me as a person. 

Mrs. Danay was the teacher of Graphic Design for Business and many other business classes at Arrowhead, and she did an amazing job at her work. In my Graphic Design for Business class, she would always come up with the most creative assignments to represent the real work graphic designers did in real life. I remember working on a project where we were creating logos for businesses that we created. And what I remember most is that Mrs. Danay would take her time, going from person to person, genuinely asking everyone how they were doing. She would say, “Do you need any help?” or even “How are you doing?” She did this every day. I could just tell how sincere she was; she genuinely cared about each and every one of her students. She would take time to get to know all her students. That’s just the kind of person she is.

From the moment I met Mrs. Danay, she has always been one of my favorite teachers. Mrs. Danay radiates positivity, is wickedly creative, and is endlessly devoted to her work and her students. She is the type of person you talk to and your day immediately gets better talking to her. Not only has she taught me so much within the realm of graphic design and editing, but she has also taught me to be a better person. Mrs. Danay is a wonderful mom to three sons she cares about very much. She inspires me to be better, she constantly shows up for her students, always there with a smile on and making everyone’s day better.

This is what moved me to join the yearbook class my senior year. Yearbook is such an enjoyable class for me, and Mrs Danay is a huge part of that. She teaches me new skills in design concepts, pushes me to show off my best work, and is super encouraging. If I never would have joined the Graphic Design for Business class, my relationship and experiences with Mrs. Danay would have never been possible.