My Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

My Educator of the Year

By Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey
Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey

Always desire to learn something useful.
Sophocles

My Educator of the Year

Everyone has a favorite teacher in his or her school career. One that they will be able to remember for years to come. I have loved all of my teachers since kindergarten up to 7th grade. Although, there is one specific teacher that everyone wants to have in middle school, one teacher’s name that you heard since 3rd grade, Ms. Sullivan. Ms Sullivan does a lot of things to make her amazing. She teaches many classes and is very involved, she also shows that she cares, and Ms Sullivan makes every class super fun!
First of all, Ms Sullivan is an amazing teacher because she teaches many different classes and is very involved in our school. Most teachers in middle school only teach one subject. Math, Social Studies, Science… etc. Only Ms Sullivan teaches Language Arts classes including Language Arts Enrichment, Writing for Publication, and Reader’s Theater. Also she teaches the best class ever Theater Arts! As you can see Ms Sullivan teaches a wide variety of classes. Not only does she have those classes but she also co-directs the school play! Ms Sullivan is in charge of the acting/drama part of the play, while our chorus teacher directs the musical section. Every year Ms Sullivan puts her time into an amazing school play, which I have been apart of, and enjoyed so much! As you can see Ms Sullivan is very involved in our Middle School!

In Addition, Ms Sullivan should get Educator of the Year because she shows her students that she cares. Some teachers are strictly there to teach us the lessons. Not Ms Sullivan, she shows us that she is willing to help us get what needs to be done. She checks everything we write in Writing for Publication and gives us an honest opinion about it. She lets us know about any changes we should make to our pieces. In Theater Arts Ms Sullivan makes us all feel like its okay to mess up. I found that the more you embarrass yourself the better of a job you do. In the school play auditions Ms Sullivan makes you feel really comfortable along with Ms Hubbard. She shows that she cares because she wouldn’t want any of us to freak out for no apparent reason. Ms Sullivan always shows that she cares about us in every class that she teaches.
Lastly, Ms Sullivan should be educator of the year because she makes each and everyone of her classes fun. She makes everything fun because in Writing for Publication she lets us independently write our stories and poems. Not everyone works at the same pace so when we get to do it on our own speed it is a lot more fun. When it’s time for Ms Sullivan to check our work, she helps us by giving creative ideas. The most fun class Ms Sullivan teaches is Theater Arts. This class is so much fun because each class we can get up and do different activities practicing for improve, and stage directions. Ms Sullivan has jokes with all of her students and everybody loves her. I have to say, the school play is the best to do with Ms Sullivan and Ms Hubbard! Ms Sullivan knows everything about plays and drama so she always gives great constructive criticism to us. The more comments we receive, the more confident we feel with our parts. So, as you can see Ms Sullivan makes every class as fun as possible.
In Conclusion, Ms Sullivan should definitely win Educator of the year because she is very involved in our school, Ms Sullivan shows that she cares, and she makes every class as fun as possible. Even if Ms Sullivan doesn’t win Educator of the year she still is to a lot of us!

I was inspired to write this piece because Ms Sullivan is an amazing teacher and should be awarded fot that. I hope this piece shows you just how special Ms Sullivan is to all of us here at Cedar Drive Middle School.

A beautiful tribute to Ms. Sullivan. Congratulations Maeve on your published essay. I will be looking for your byline in the years to come!

Mrs. Keiser said...

Great Job Maeve!  Congratulations on your first published piece!  Keep up the great work!  CDMS is so proud of you!

Mrs. Keiser

SoleCatcher said...

Your story spoke to my sole, it was very touching and you are a great writer<3

Mrs. Cilmi said...

Congratulations, Maeve!  Your dream of becoming a journalist is well within your reach.  Your thoughts about Ms. Sullivan are right on---keep up the excellent work! 

Great job!

Mrs. Cilmi

coltsneck said...

Maeve,

Thank you for writing about Ms Sullivan.  Keep up the great writing!

Well done,

Dr. Kasun

Colts said...

Maeve,

Excellent work!  You should be very proud of yourself. 

Mr. Rigby

Miss L. said...

Maeve,

I am so proud of your hard work.  It sounds like you are working everyday to reach your fullest potential!

Miss C said...
Maeve, this is beautiful. I know you will reach your dream of being a journalist. I am so proud of you and so impressed. You have a heart of gold. Best wishes always and forever.

IBelieve said...
Maeve - what a tribute to Miss Sullivan. I believe when we set our mind to do what we love, it shall come to pass. Wishing you the best now and in your future career in journalism.

sunshine said...
Keep up the great wiriting...you should be proud!

w4pub said...

Maeve

im sooooo proud that u got publish...

Your story touches my soul

Your Story Makes Big Regg Proud

sallymaliik said...
good job maeve

Sophocles

Congratulations Maeve! I'm so proud of you!