My Guardian Angel- Sean S. | Teen Ink

My Guardian Angel- Sean S.

July 30, 2008
By Anonymous

Sean S resource teacher
by Charlene D., Baldwinsville NY

Mr. Sean S. is an amazing person. He is the best teacher that I have ever known. He is like my guardian angel sent from above. He was sent from above not only to help me succeed but also to give me valuable advice whenever I needed it. He was there for me all the time. I don't remember a time that he wasn't able to help me deal with something that I was going through. One problem that he helped me deal with was when I found out my uncle was in the hospital in a comma. He made me realize that even though I was dealing with a tough situation I couldn't let it interfere with my responsibilities as a person and as a student. Mr. S. is a person that not only me but many other students can connect to. He helps all of us. He gives us advice on just about anything. We get advice on school, grades, bad choices etc. He is also the one person that made me realize that I had one person in my life that does care about me. I don't know what I would do without him. He is a honest, hard working, intelligent, generous,caring, loving people that I have met. He is extremely unique. I have never met anyone like him. I am so lucky to be blessed with Mr.S.y in my life. I want everyone to know that Mr.S. isn't just a teacher or a guardian angel to me he is also my friend. He has been a better friend to me then any of my classmates. He is the reason that I love going to his class. He always smiles and he makes me leaves his room happy, and smiling. I could have went in his room feeling down and miserable but he always finds away to cheer me up. He is the most compassionate person that I know. Mr. S. turned out to be a wonderful person for me to release my pain. He always encouraged me to do my best and make good choices. He is the reason why I am staying in school and working towards earning a high school diploma. When I made it to high school I was going to quit but he made me realize that I didn't want to end up like the rest of my family. He is a man that I look up to and I highly respect him. I got put into special education classes and I was in those classes all day long but when I met Mr. S. at school he started working with me. He started fighting for me to put in his class and in regents classes. No one thought that I was able to do well in regents level classes except him. He was one of the few people that believed in me. I proved them wrong. The people that said I wasn't able to succeed in regents classes but I proved them wrong. I couldn't have done it without him. I still have a year in high school so I will have him for one more year and he will continue to encourage me to do my best. He knows what I am capable of doing and he isn't satisfied with anything but what he knows I am capable of.

He doesn't let me slack off. He will always support me as long as I make good responsible choices. If I am making poor choices and getting into trouble then I realized I don't only make myself look bad but I make him look bad too. I make him look bad because everyone that knows me knows that he taught me better then that. When I am being bad and immature my poor choices reflect on that things he taught me because he taught me better then that. Mr. Sweeney made me realize that I truly do want to succeed. He made me realize that I want to get through high school so that I can go off to college and then I can get a job working with young kids. He thinks I am great with young kids. He keeps telling me that I am capable of doing anything that I set my mind to. If you believe in something then you will achieve it.

If you don't truly believe in something then you won't be able to achieve it. I believe that I can make through high school and get a regents diploma so I believe one day I will achieve that. It may take time but one day it will happen. Without the diploma I can't get into college then that means I spent time in high school for nothing because then I will be like the rest of my family with no career and my life would suck. The only difference between me and the rest of my family is that I have Mr. S. A person that cares and gave me the opportunity to succeed. They had the opportunity too but they didn't take it. I am taking the opportunity that I have. They had teachers in school too but they didn't get there point across to their students like Mr. S. Without his encouragement I could not and would not have wanted to succeed. It really makes such a difference when someone believes in you.

The author's comments:
Mr S. is an important teacher in my life and I want everyone that reads this article to know the impact that he had on my life