Educater Of the Year | Teen Ink

Educater Of the Year

By Nze41 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Nze41 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Educator Of The Year

I have never enjoyed math. It is an area that I have struggled with my entire life.  I absolutely dread even hearing the word math.  I thought math would be a subject I would  dislike for my entire life, but that changed when I entered into my sixth grade  year.  I was diagnosed with a learning disability in math and have struggled until one particular teacher came into my life.   This special education teacher caught me off guard when she would sing and rhyme my name with possessions in her classroom like her poster boards or her pet fishes.  I immediately thought she was goofy for doing these things, but that’s what makes her  “unique.”  Ms. Burns, went out of her way and in depth everyday to help make me and other students the best we could be.  She would stress the importance of an education and how important it can be in life like if you had a job or you owned your own business.

She knew just how to motivate me.  Ms. Burns would yell at the top of her lungs sarcastically, “Nolan! Do this problem or else!”  This would make me want to work harder to make sure I knew how to do the problem right. I got close with Ms. Burns because I knew she was always going to be there for me because of the fact that she put down on her schedule everyday. She would always cut her lunch short or sometimes go home late at night just to make sure that her students are getting the help they needed like writing essays or reviewing math problems.

Ms. Burns made my day easier. It made me,happy to know I have a teacher who knows what she’s doing. She was able to make math as understandable as possible for the students to learn. In all aspects Ms. Burns will forever and always be my educator of the year.

My all time favorite educater.