two sides of a teacher | Teen Ink

two sides of a teacher

January 11, 2009
By Anonymous

When you are a student, you look at your teachers in one way, someone whos only point in life is to wake up at the break of dawn and come to school teach you a few things, yell at you, and then go back home and you dont care what they do after that. Well personaly I know what teachers do outside of school and I especialy know of what one special teacher does after the bell rings, to some she is Mrs. Manis but to me she is my mom.
If there is one thing I have noticed about my mom and when she teaches is that she does care. She doesnt just go to school and teach and get it over with, like we think most teachers do, but she helps her students along. She wont give up on the student untill she knows they understand.
And the teaching does not end for her after school, when she gets home she has to help my brother and I with our home work. On top of cleaning and other house hold chores. Her job also continues in ways such as staying up late to grade papers and going to any of her students house's that have been sick and couldnt make it to school.
So fortunatly I have had the privledge of seeing the other side of teachers and it has made me respect teachers alot more. But my mother does extra teaching after school activities like: Yearbook, Track, girl talk, basketball. And still comeing home to just be a mom. Thats why she is the educator of the year.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this because I know most studens do not understand the trouble teachers go through for there job. I wanted people to get the understanding of that.