The math teacher really does deserve this reward. | Teen Ink

The math teacher really does deserve this reward.

By Stephanie Jones BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Stephanie Jones BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

Mr. Fritz is the eighth grade math teacher. He?s really tall with black hair and tan skin. He smells like old butterscotch and usually always wears khaki pants and a polo shirt. I?m a seventh grader struggling to stay in advanced math and Mr. Fritz is the teacher that made that happen.

He helps all the kids in his class that need help and most do. It?s a hard class and he will run around the room to help someone. All you need to do is raise your hand and he comes right to your side, kneels down, and puts his arm around your shoulder to help you with whatever algebraic question is too complicated for you to work out by yourself. I thought it would be the hardest class I had and it was, but Mr. Fritz made it the best math class I?ve ever had.

He wasn?t some sissy teacher either. If the room needed to be quiet or restore order he will get the room to quiet down really quick. He was great at having fun too. All tests had a bonus riddle and some days we would just do riddles instead of actually doing math. He is my favorite teacher and best educator.

He has never had someone fail the finals. The final from last year was introduction to algebra and it was pretty easy. The final from this year was pretty hard. I thought for sure I failed but I actually ended up passing. He kept telling us that it was pretty easy and he was wrong but right, because no one failed. I?m still amazed that Mr. Fritz actually makes math not terrible.

The greatest thing about Mr. Fritz is the no homework on Fridays. He gives us a small assignment and if you don?t finish it, its such a small assignment that you can usually just finish it while he takes role. Mr. Fritz has seriously taught some stuff to us in math and that it?s ok to make a mistake or ask for help.

Awesome Stephanie!!!! What a great article, Your Teacher is proud I'm sure. And that he's able to make it fun. We all need more Teachers like him in the world.

liz3liz said...
Granddaughter, Stephanie! Congratulations for getting your article published! I am very proud of you!