Mail Call | Teen Ink

Mail Call

By sergioosuna SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
sergioosuna SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Veteran,

I am thankful for the time, sacrifice, and the bravery that you’ve spent and done. I am thankful because thanks to you, we’re all free, you did unbelievable things that are unimaginable. I’ve had so much respect for veterans since I was a kid and every time I can thank a veteran I do so.Thanks to you America is free, thanks to you we have security, thanks to you I was able to play on the streets when I was a little kid. Also thanks to you there’s justice. There are so many things that you did and I will forever be thankful. Wherever you served, no matter where and at what age, you should be proud of yourself, because you helped America. You have sacrificed for American’s freedom and there’s nothing braver than that. There could be so many things that could be done for veterans like you. Not a regular person knows what veterans been through. So again thank you forever. I wish in this world could appreciate and recognize the act of valor you’ve done. I salute and respect you. You wore that uniform with so much pride, the job you did is so worthwhile. When you come back home I know it wasn’t as pretty and as comfortable as you imagined when you were overseas. People didn’t realize the sacrifice you made and the amount of time, sweat and tears that were dropped when you were overseas, people were clueless and were numb at the fact that real-life heroes were coming home from a real-life war and that the veterans should be the ones recognized for the win of the war. You don’t know how happy it makes me knowing that you’re in the honor flight, the honor flight is one of the many things that could be done for veterans, it’s amazing knowing you’re on your way to visit a museum, statues, etc. All of that was done for Veterans like you, it’s a place where Veterans get recognized and for Veterans to relive and be proud of themselves, this is a sign to show you that we are forever thankful. I hope your trip goes amazing and enjoy all the stuff you’re going to visit, it’s a life changing experience and just know you deserve it and that the sacrifice you made will never be forgotten. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sergio