My Mom | Teen Ink

My Mom

By Ashton_Nakamori BRONZE, Metatirie, Louisiana
Ashton_Nakamori BRONZE, Metatirie, Louisiana

All my life I have thought that being a mom and taking care of a household was an easy job; however, my mom through everything that she does and everything that she works for is what motivates me to be more and more like her even when the job of being a mom gets hard. My mother not only takes care of me, my father, and my three brothers, but she also works as a juvenile attorney dealing with adoptions and child abuse cases. She works as a mom which is an already tiring job, and then, she works as an attorney for hours and hours a day. Last fall, she actually ran for a position of juvenile judge which includes the whole parish (around a half a million). This was a big challenge considering that this was her first time getting her name out there and because of how big the parish is. We worked for months and meet so many people at so many events, yet we still lost. However, my mother did not give up, and we are now trying for another election whenever a position of judge is needed. Although I am not looking to go into politics or law, I still find my mother very empowering and motivational because of how determined she is and because of her standing back up on her feet after she lost. She also does so much just for me because I am her child. She stays up for hours with me to help me complete a project, and she also dedicates so much of her time to events that I have such as my birthday. My mom is my hero because of how dedicated she is to everything including and most importantly her children.