My Mother | Teen Ink

My Mother

March 10, 2010
By Lily1 SILVER, Carbondale, Illinois
Lily1 SILVER, Carbondale, Illinois
6 articles 9 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Like you, its true treasure etched within.”-One Night With The King


My mother maybe be more different than most. She adopted me along with my sister and two brothers. My mother loves me, I know! She does so many things for me and with me. My mother does special things for me-leave little notes in my lunch box-leaves notes on my dresser and on my bed. My mother does many things with me-like go on special days out- she buys things for me-gives me gifts even when I don’t deserve them. My mother cares for me like no other mother could do. My mother didn’t have to adopt me. My mother made a choice to keep me and to make me her own. My mother chose to give me a life I didn’t deserve. My mother chose to give me a future that cannot be understood. My mother chose to give me a life that not many can have. My mother chose to give me a chance that not all can know. My mother is one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. My mother and I have been through valley’s and mountains together, but we are closer than most mother and daughters are. I am free to trust my mother and tell her all of my secrets and plans and mistakes. For my mother is there to push me to the top of the mountain. She is there to push me to the top, to make a difference and to live the life I was meant to live. My mother gave me life in a way that is different than what’s normal. She gave me life through her actions and words and teachings. She gave me life through her love. This is My Mother!


The author's comments:
This was based on true facts. I was adopted when I was 8 years old. My parents have given me a life I don't deserve, but I love her more than she'll or anyone will ever know!