Here's to Life | Teen Ink

Here's to Life

By kread18 DIAMOND, Berkeley, California
kread18 DIAMOND, Berkeley, California

Happy Birthday Angelee.
You are such an amazing friend and I am so happy to have you in my life. You are always there when I need to talk, and I’m not afraid to tell you anything. I always know I can trust you, and I look to you when I need encouragement. We are always two peas in a pod, and then complete opposites. I love you for who you are always, and look forward to being best friends far the in future. Thank you for being a solid support in my life, and sharing a few laughs with me now and again… We’re so tight, the JoBro pants are jealous ;) So here’s to laughing till we cry, walking to Starbucks from a rained-out soccer practice, even though you hate coffee, and talking about everything (e.g. boys) until we shake. Here’s to giraffes, Facebook pieces of flair, and chopping of 13 inches of hair! Here’s to carrot cakes filled with vanilla ice cream, going to Fresh Choice, and ridiculous $400 purses. Here’s to another year of celebrating our beautiful friendship. Peace out Girl Scout!
Love always.

This was a letter I wrote to my best friend when we had our seventeenth birthday.