David Archuleta | Teen Ink

David Archuleta

By Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts
Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts

"Face the downs and be grateful for the ups." - David Archuleta

If you asked 10 David Archuleta fans if David is their hero, I bet at least 9 out of the 10 would say yes. You may just think they're fan-girling and that they all want to marry him, but in reality, it's not necessarily like that. For me anyway. David Archuleta is a hero to many of his fans, all for different reasons, and here's mine.

First and foremost, is David's personality. His outlook on life is incredible. He's always looking on the bright side of things, and always trying to be happy. And to be honest that's something I never did until David came along. He finds something positive in every situation and is always looking at the glass half full, and that's really admirable.

Another reason David's my hero is his music. Like the artists today, he doesn't sing about relationships or inappropriate things. He sings about what's real. He sings about being happy, and enjoying life, and how great things are if you choose to see it. His new album The Other Side of Down is the living embodiment of both happiness and positivity. The album is very "David", and very uplifting and realistic to many situations. Because of this album, I realized that things will get better, I can't complain, and even though life is an endless ride, it's those butterflies that keep you feeling alive.

David is also a very giving person, donating and getting involved with many different charities, including Stand Up To Cancer, which is very important to me. In 2008, when SU2C had their first broadcast and David's team was set up, I donated $25 in his name. I never would've if it wasn't for David. David helped me think of others before myself and to pay more attention to those who have less.

Another reason David's my hero is that he's genuinely a good person. His nice, sweet, caring nature is a huge turn-on. He's always happy, and always smiling.

David also helped me get closer to God. When I learned that David doesn't swear or use the Lord's name in vein, I then stopped swearing and using His name in vein, and I haven't since. I pray more because of David, and I now feel that He is with me.

One last reason why David's my hero... he makes me happy. Honestly, no one makes me happy the way David does. Whether it's his music, his blogs, his tweets, or just a simple smile. It's almost like an overwhelming passion. What I feel for David is nothing like I've felt for anyone before. I don't think I can go as far as saying I'm "in love" with him, but I do love David and I'm constantly thankful for everything he's done for me.

David really is an amazing, inspirational person, and I hope people can see that. He's helped and inspired hundreds of people all over the world, and I feel so lucky to be one of them. David has changed me for the better, and still continues to, and I feel truly blessed to have David in my life.

I'd say David Archuleta is one of the best things to ever happen to me.

~LookAround~ said...

This is BY FAR my favorite article you have written.