More Than a Best Friend | Teen Ink

More Than a Best Friend

April 17, 2011
By Sar_liz GOLD, Warren, Michigan
Sar_liz GOLD, Warren, Michigan
18 articles 3 photos 2 comments

One person that has significantly influenced my life is my best friend Emily. We’ve been friends since 5th grade and have been close even since. The first time we starting talking and hanging out was in Chicago. Our Girl Scout troop took a trip to Chicago and we shared rooms. That was when we realized we lived in the same neighborhood!

Ever since that day we would talk, hang out, and have fun together. It was really hard leaving her when I moved. The night of my move she came to my house with a present. She hugged me and she started crying. After that I felt tears well up in my eyes.

True friends are hard to find, and that is just what Emily is, a true friend. She has always been there for me when I need her. I don’t know what I would do without her, because even though I don’t see her, I talk to her frequently. We both can’t call each other much, but we always talk online whenever we can. I often tell people that she’s not my best friend she’s my sister! Which is pretty funny, because as far as looks go we look nothing alike. My lineage comes from Finland for the most part, therefore my skin is very light. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. On the other hand, Emily is mostly Mexican. Therefore her skin is tan, with brown hair and eyes. Regardless of looks though, she’s still my sister.