A Connection | Teen Ink

A Connection

By onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia

Me and Selena Gomez have some things in common, no, not the celebrity thing that she has, or the fact that she's dating someone else that's famous. It's the fact that we both grew up near if not in poverty. Growing up I never concidered myself not rich, I got whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. You're probably thinking, that's not poverty, that's just being spoiled. I never got told no, it was either, "Yes" or "wait until pay day". Did you have to wait until pay day to get something? Probably not.
The cars my parents drove was always running on empty, and every once in a while we'd run out of gas on the side of the rode and have to walk to a store and call my dad to bring us gas(my parents didn't have cell phones in the early 2000's). The house we lived in was big, to me, a 4 year old girl, but my mom was always saying how you can't open the dish washer and the oven at the same time, the kitchen it too small. We moved out of the "big" house into a smaller house, we smaller rooms, and harder to walk around. After 2 1/2 years of living there, my parents needed to move again. The rules the owner was giving us were crazy, we couldn't keep a trailer in the garage, we couldn't have a garden, we couldn't have a kitty pool, and we could have the trampoline that my aunt gave us anymore. So we moved into an even smaller house, 2 years later, the rent was getting too high, and my dad was fired from his job. So we had to move again, into an even smaller house, where not all of our furnicher could fit, so we had a shed in the backyard and put it there.
My room was 6 feet by 8 feet, and my bed took up half of that. Then their were the shelves, and bearu's (dressers) to put up around that, so it felt like I had nothing. We had to move again after a year of living there, why? Because we ran out of money. Not we're living in a hotel, paying on borrowed money from my grandma.

Not 100% true, but I am living in a hotel now.