I'm No Hero, He Is | Teen Ink

I'm No Hero, He Is

By Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia
Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia

Psalm 23.

Through my year of firefighting, I've been called a hero on numerous occasions. But the truth of the matter is, I'm not. I'm just an ordinary kid that decided one day to give back to my community by saving my neighbors property and on some occasions, their life. I mean, I go to school everyday and I have homework just like you. I deal with teachers crawling up my back about missed assignments. But a hero is someone who can change something for the better of people not just himself. people like volunteers are the people I speak of. They selflessly give their time to help those that need it the most. Organizations like Habitat for Humanity that builds houses for the lower income class. People who work their entire lives to solve some of the worst medical problems in the world. These are some of the people in the world that are the true heros in my mind.

Little.Miss said...

Good story (my dad's a firefighter), but the writing needs work. It needs revising, grammar, and sentence-fluency fixes here and there. I think though, once it's revised and everything, it'll be a piece of art.

Good luck and keep writing! :)

buckeyes18 said...
i love this story

awesome story