My Hero, Brett Favre | Teen Ink

My Hero, Brett Favre

March 31, 2008
By Anonymous

I didn’t believe it when my best friend told me the news. It seemed so sudden, too unreal to be true. It was like a horrible nightmare that I couldn’t wake up from. It just was not possible. My favorite football player, my hero, Brett Favre could not retire.
It was surprising to see how upset so many people were. This was Chicago, where the Green Bay Packers where despised by the droves of bear fans. To think that one player, on the other side of the largest rivalry in professional football, could influence and inspire people that much, was incredible.
But it just goes to show how great of an athlete and person Brett Favre is. He was the quarterback for the Packers for sixteen seasons. That’s about as long as I can remember. I’ve been a Packer fan all my life, and I’ve been a Favre fan all my life. He has always been there, leading the Packers to victory and to defeat. He has the longest streak of consecutive starts for a quarterback in the NFL.
It’s going to be so weird to not see Favre as a Packer anymore. It just won’t be the same not seeing number 4 completing gutsy passes and scoring miraculous touchdowns anymore.
He’s done so many incredible things as the Packer’s quarterback these years. He won the super bowl in 1996. He set all time records, including the most touchdown passes (I was there when he tied Dan Marino’s record of 420). Who could forget the game where he led the Packers to victory the day after his father died? Or his incredible last season?
There are so many things that Brett Favre has done in his career. He went through a lot of tough times and was able to overcome them and be a true warrior. Brett Favre is my hero, and It’s going to be tough not seeing him any more.