What I Did | Teen Ink

What I Did

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I have been called a hero. On december 18th, I saved my Grandmothers life. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was staying home watching my little brother. The night had gone on without a hitch. I was just about to head on to bed, when i saw my grandmother fall off her bed in her room. As i rushed into her room, I looked on in horror as my grandma layed on the ground gasping for air. Her eyes were rolled in the back of her head. I quickly grabbed her cell phone and called 911. I started to perform CPR as i gave the 911 operator my information. I sat in my grandmothers room in silence,performing CPR on her for about 7-8 minutes until the paramedics got there. After they got there they informed me the she had suffered from a cardiac arrest. The paramedic informed me that if i hadnt called 911 when i did and if i didnt perform CPR my grandmother wouldnt have made it when they got there. And now everyday when i wake up and see my grandmothers face greeting me, it reminds me of how close i was too losing her forever.

Wow, This is amazing! Its amazing how your such a quick thinker. You saved her life and your modest about it. The writing is something i would expect from a published author. amazing!

Cindy said...
This was such a brave thing...you are a hero. Your writing about it very good!

jayhawk1989 said...
Dani - you are a brave young lady and I am proud of you!

Wow Dani you don't brag or nothing huh lol

Lily said...
A very lovely girl shown in your actions and in your writing; hope to read more of your writings. JA

wow! thats impressive!!

i wish i could be that strong.

very good work.

your writing skills are amazing!!!!

im jealous!!!

AntyBarb said...
Awesome! You are intelligent and a quick thinker. Way to go!

Shambala said...
WOW! Very impressive! Kudos to you for being such brave and strong young lady!