Thomas Edison | Teen Ink

Thomas Edison MAG

By Anonymous

     It is a demanding world out there, a dangerous world. A world where only the most resolute emerge successful - the ones who never, never give up. Never.

If only I could go back to another day in time when a man named Thomas Edison was alive. This man was resolute. He never, never gave up. Never.

Thomas Edison is my hero. If I were to go back to any time period I wanted, I would, indubitably, travel back to the late 1800s to see none other than Thomas Edison.

Why? Simple. I want to succeed, just like anyone in our cold world. And guess what? Thomas Edison succeeded.

I would like to ask him one question, the one I have been so curious about my entire life: “How, possibly, could you have never given up? Never?”

It is estimated that Edison made over one thousand mistakes. One thousand errors that would make anyone quit doing whatever he or she was doing - except for him. That is what inspires me.

If I could learn the secret to never giving up, perhaps I could be as successful as he is!

Not only would I ask Edison for his secret of success, but I would also tell him something about my time, one little thing that would fill him with elation!

“No one in my time has ever overcome nearly as much as you. Nowadays, a failure means you are finished. Done. Be proud of what you accomplished, and what you have gone through, since in the present your inventions are unmatched.”

I would let him know this to be fair, because he gave me the Secret of Success, the key to unlocking victory. It would make him proud, and possibly inspired to create even more.

It is a shame that it is impossible to make this “trade” any better for Mr. Edison ... the man with the Golden Key ... Mr. Success.