Mother - Pamela M. | Teen Ink

Mother - Pamela M. MAG

By Anonymous

     What do people think when they hear the word hero? Most probably imagine Superman or Batman, someone with unusual powers and an incredible body, soaring through the sky to rescue a victim. But a person who is a hero in my eyes, who exemplifies caring, strength and love, lives with me.

My hero does not have a cape, and the only time she flies is when she’s on a plane. My hero cannot break down brick walls or make herself invisible. The woman I’m talking about goes by the name of Pamela Milton, better known as Mama. This hero gives me all the help I need to survive in this world on my own.

My mother is a caring hero. When my lungs collapsed and I needed surgery, she stayed with me at the hospital the entire time. She constantly puts my needs before her own. When I need something, she will buy it even if it means that she has to do without. My mama always makes sure my brother and I have everything we need.

My hero has shown me her strength in everything she does. She has worked hard to raise two boys the right way and makes sure that we are in school every day instead of walking the streets. If we get in trouble at school, she is there and will even embarrass us in front of the whole school if necessary. She showed me how strong her character is when she lost her two brothers less in than three months and was there for their families to help in any way she could. Whenever I have a problem, she gives me the strength to find the right answer.

If a person were to ask who my hero is and what qualities my hero possesses, my answer would be that a hero must be caring and strong. She must be able to hold everything together and be willing to put others first. That’s my mom.