Friends - The Gang | Teen Ink

Friends - The Gang MAG

Every day is worthwhile when spent with them. They are unique, honorable, laid back, creative, respectful, enthusiastic, courageous, loyal, dramatic and thoughtful. I have the kind of heroes who save me from myself.

Close as family, if not more so, I call these heroes my friends. They make me laugh when I don’t even want to smile. They are heroes I couldn’t live without! They always go out of their way to be there for me when I’m in need. They put others before themselves. We always find ourselves doing something unexpected.

Just like a parent, my friends give me strength. They turn good times into great memories and bad situations into good times. It’s unbelievable how much light they can bring to a day. It’s as if they know every thought and emotion I feel.

Friends aren’t always perfect, but I don’t expect them to be. There are always disagreements and regrettable things said, either face to face or behind backs. Those are the times we realize that we need each other the most. Eventually someone stands up and gives in.

Friends help you choose right from wrong. I admire and adore my friends. It may be surprising to some people that friends can have so many heroic traits. I’m blessed that my closest friends are always there. Sometimes I feel like giving up, but my friends encourage me to keep going. I can only hope I am the same wonderful friend to them. My heroes are my friends. Good friends are never forgotten. They live on in our hearts and souls, dancing on our stage of memories.