Teacher | Teen Ink

Teacher

March 7, 2013
By Matt Stephens BRONZE, De Soto, Kansas
Matt Stephens BRONZE, De Soto, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In 8th grade I had a math teacher named Mrs. Young. As she was my math teacher and Track coach. She’s the only reason why I passed my math class and dominated in track. I passed my math class that year by her putting in extra hours to helping me and making sure I got my homework done every day. Every day I would stay after school for ten minutes so she could help me out with any questions I had or just so I can get my homework done at that moment. When everyone was in class she would always make sure everyone was quite. As a track coach she pushed everyone hard and made sure we did everything right and made everyone better physically and mentally. When we did our relays she would make everyone stay after practice to make sure we got our handoffs correct. When I did a really good long Jump and went farther than everyone else she would always say I can go farther. She would drop everything else to make sure I did it right. She is and will be my favorite teacher and a good friend. I hope that later in life we will still have contact after I have graduated.