"Be Brave" she said | Teen Ink

"Be Brave" she said

By DoubttheCircles SILVER, Washougal, Washington
DoubttheCircles SILVER, Washougal, Washington

Keep swimming, keep swimming, Heaven is just on the horizon.

Nevermore was I to see my father, as he had just recently walked out.. leaving us behind. I watched my mom break and go silent for days, like I've never seen before. A cold numb to the world feeling engulfed me. Not only have we been abandoned, but people in general have left my life all too soon. People tell me time heals, but how can it when a memory is burned into your mind?

I was and still am a "lost within" person. But once she was between the ground and I, everything dissapeared. A horse who I've met at a barn that my friend (not a real friend) brought me to, enchanted me. The first time meeting her face to face and we just gazed at each other.

The rythem of her strides are a breath of freedom, as if we could run forever and leave everything behind us. Galloping straight at the sun as if we were going to kick it into deep space.

She is my haven in my time of desperation. All my sorrows and worries just... vanished.
Id look in her eyes, study her movement... it was a language of silence.

"Be Brave." she said.

This is an inspiration from something that had recently happened in my life. My horse, my bestfriend... you mend my broken heart. Youu are my hero.

readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

I love this....it's different than anything else.  In all honesty, there are some editing/revising things you need to fix (some spelling, some punctutation), and I'd probably suggest using more word choice, but the meaning of this piece is above that.  Very, very well done.

Thank you so much for the rating! :D It means an aweful lot to me. I am so sorry to hear that you're having a rough time in life. I am here for you. I know I'm a stranger, but hopefully I count as something. <3

SunnyDreams BRONZE, Niger Falls, Other

Can you feel what I have seen, when no one else has lived through what I have?-HalveOfLife

i love 5 stars.... remind me of myself...... too much has gone on in my life to explain.... thabk you for this peice.