My Mom My Hero | Teen Ink

My Mom My Hero

September 5, 2008
By Anonymous

A hero is someone you look up to. Someone that you want to be like and someone that you are honored to know. My hero is Gelinda D. She is kind, caring, and giving. She is a loving and devoted mother. She is very strong after loosing her husband. She is also my mom. After living with her for fourteen years and being by her side all these characteristics make her my hero.

My mom is one of the most giving people I know. She is always doing things for everyone. It doesn't matter how well she knows them, if there is some little thing she can do to make your life a little better, she will. If it's the holidays and you don't have money for gifts or anything she will give you what she can weather it be money or food. If you work a lot and need someone to watch your kids she will. That is what makes my mom so giving. Gelinda along with being giving she is also kind.

My mom, Gelinda, is a very kind person. I have never heard her say anything bad about any one before. No matter what people say about other people she always has something nice to say about them. She makes you see the good in people. When you're around her she makes you feel like she's known you forever. If you want her to fix her a certain food, she will. I don't think there is anything she won't do for you. I asked her why she is always so nice to people, and she replied "I just treat people the way I want to be treated." My mom may be kind, but she is really strong.

Gelinda is such a strong person, and I don't mean muscular. My mom has dealt with tragedy after tragedy, yet she still has a smile for everyone. When I asked her what kept her going she said, "I have my faith in God, the love of my family, and my terrific daughter. It's because of my daughter that I got out of bed everyday, and that's how I was able to heal." With all these characteristics I hope to be a mom like her especially as strong as her.

Gelinda, my mom, is my hero. she's kind, giving, strong, and devoted. She is the strongest person I know. She is always doing things for other people. She is so kind; therefore, she finds the good in everyone. A hero doesn't consider themselves a hero. They just do the things they do without expecting any recognition, and being embarrassed when they are recognized.