Superheroes | Teen Ink

Superheroes

December 19, 2013
By PARAS SILVER, Princeton Jct., New Jersey
PARAS SILVER, Princeton Jct., New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Dance as though no one is watching you,
"Love as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing as though no one can hear you,
Live as though heaven is on earth.”


I was watching a T.V show last Saturday and then I realized, why do people still watch superhero shows even when they are teens? Think about it, everybody says that they're” too old” for superheroes, And my friends keep on playing with their ds. That got me thinking, why then, are people still addicted to watching superheroes when they were supposed to have grown out of it? Well, the superheroes were easy enough to answer. In world war and 1 and 2, people created superheroes to push up the hope that America will get through the war. Adults looked to these superheroes to give them hope, also as a comic relief. And, incidentally that’s why kids look to them too, we see them as the perfect humans. Also, for kids they are the perfect role model for them to follow. After all, what better role model is there besides a brave man (or woman) who fights bad guys. Also, not to mention, that superheroes are used to promote the no bystander for bullying. For little kids it’s a bit different, they think that they are capable of getting superpowers, at any given moment and try to beat up people- mostly their parents or older siblings.. As they grow older, the kids get to realize that they won’t be getting any superpowers anytime soon, and, that being the main point of interest for a superhero, kids start to drift away from them. But, also, now they see superheroes as mostly regular people, and the interest of superheroes, is now their love life, and their well- happily ever after. But. that’s only in the t.v shows. But in the comic books, the writers are a bit more creative they keep in mind of this happily ever after- but, these aren't princes and princess that we are talking about; these are people who fight crime. And the writer’s are so clever that they give almost every superhero a sad or failed love life. The only exception that I've come across is Superman and Lois Lane; and, of course we all know that Batman is incapable of loving.