Anyone can be your hero | Teen Ink

Anyone can be your hero

November 10, 2008
By sassymeforever333 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida
sassymeforever333 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida
9 articles 2 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast. Is not proud or rude. It is not self seeking or easily angered. Love keeps no record of wrongs. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.


A few years ago I met a lady who worked at a youth center at my church.Today, she is the most important person in my life.Not only is she my friend, but she is like my sister, a role model, and she has even become like a second mom to me. She is my everything. I guess you could say she is my HERO. When you hear the word "hero" you probablly think of superman or maybe you think of policemen or firemen. Really, a HERO can be anyone important to you.A hero is someone who has done and said nothing but kind things to you. He or she is someone who has been there for you through everything;your ups, downs, good days,and bad days. They are people who would never do anything to hurt you. They are people who love you no matter what you do. They are people who change your life for the better. People who make an ever-lasting change in your life. Your hero might be someone who is just like you in every aspect or they might be someone who is completely different than you. They can be young,old,tall,or short. My hero is actually a little more than twenty years older than me. That isnt what matters though. I love her. Every time I have been down or I have had any kind of trouble, she has helped me through. Because of her, I am such a better person and she has gotten me through those days when I just wanted to give up.I have learned many things from her. One thing I know is that your life can change in just a few seconds by people you just met.
So take some time today and think, who is your HERO?

The author's comments:
This was inspired by my hero. I cant say her name but she knows who she is. I just wanna let her know that she has been a big part of my life.
-sara