My Mom Is Better Then The Presidents | Teen Ink

My Mom Is Better Then The Presidents

By Griffin Ozog BRONZE, Mundilen, Illinois
Griffin Ozog BRONZE, Mundilen, Illinois

The president is nothing compared to my mom. My mom has been through how many struggles in her life. They happened to have one thing all income, she got through them. My Mom is the hardest working person I have ever met.

One of the struggles she has overcome is teaching me how to read. When I was very little me and my brother had a very hard time learning how to read. This was because we both have Dyslexia. Dyslexia is a reading disorder that makes it hard for you to read write and spell. Some of my earliest memories is of my Mom holding a homemade flash cards up to me that said very basic words like “the and is”. I would always see how tared her face looked when we repeated the same word for the third time. She was very upset that she could not make me learn the words.

“Ok Griffin what does this word say?” said my Mom

“Um” I took a Moment and thought about it “I don't know Mom”

“It says the Griffin now say the” She looked very sad when she told me the answer like someone had died.

“the” I said trying to remember it because I knew we would go over it a fourth time.

“Ok on to the next one” then showed up a flash card that said “is” on it.

“I don’t know that one to Mom”

“It says it….. say it”

“it”

We would do this every night even when my Mom came home from work late. I can still remembered her face when she was going to cry because we would spend an hour trying to make me learn the words but I could not remember them. When I was seven me and my Mom went to a place where I could be touterd.My Mom disitered to bring me to a tourter because she was not helping me learn as much a she wanted. We walked in and my Mom said that I should wait in the waiting room as she went into a room and I waited. About 25 mins later she walk out and said to me “ its time to go” We then went to our car and she bucked me in. We started to leave when I asked “Am I going to go learn there?” she said “no” as I heard her sniff like she was crying. The I asked “why not”. She replied “They are not open friday” I then said “So I will not learn how to read”? She then turn around and said as she cried “no matter what Griffin I will get you to read”. I always wonder where she got her motivation from but I think I will never know. After countless special classes I did learn how to read but if my Mom did not help me I would not even be able to write this essay.

My Mom also had deal with losing her job in 2013. One day after school I got home and I shoveled my drive way and then went inside. Quickly after I heard my Mom come in and i went to greet her. When I say her she had a box with her work shoes and what looked to be paperwork and pictures in it. She said as she started to cry “I lost my job today”.She later told me that her department was down sizing. After that happen I say a whole new side of my Mom. The next day I got home from school and she instantly ask my brother to help her with are computer. I was curious on what she was doing. I found out that she was re righting her resume the day after she lost her job. The next months went by and I heard phone calls and stories about my Mom going to job interviews. Then one Saturday I was playing videogames with my friends online when, my Mom burst in to my room with a smile and tears and said “I got a job”. So only after 3 months my Mom was able to find a new job. My Mom was now working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion.

In conclusion my mom is the hardest working person I know because she was able help me learn how to read and find a job in 3 months. Her motivation has showed me that with a little effort I can do anything. Some people think the president has to work hard, but I think my mom works way hard at almost everything.

My name is Griffin. I am just the avrge teenager in high school.