Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

By Powerbeyblade1 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
Powerbeyblade1 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

"Success means doing what you want to do. If you put your mind to something and achieve it, it's success. My philosophy is just to keep going and you’ll get there someday. If I have a super high-paying job but I don't enjoy it, I will not want to do that job. I'm the kind of person to follow my passions. I don't want to do something just because I've been told to do it or if society deems it good. I'm the kind of person to follow my dreams. I fear not accomplishing my dreams before I die - not the fear of failure, but the fear that I'll never make it, y’know? To assure myself, I say I'm still young, even if I feel I won't make it right now. I get a lot of pressure from my friends. When they talk about going to different schools, I feel like I'm not good enough. I question if I'm doing everything I can. It scares me a bit, but I try to realize that I'm doing pretty well. I talk to my parents, and they reassure me, saying, "You'll find a good job anyway." I know the guy who founded Walmart was 50; I know I have a lot of life ahead of me to accomplish my goals."

Parsippany NJ

Interviewed By: Advait Zadgaonkar