HUMANS OF PARSIPPANY | Teen Ink

HUMANS OF PARSIPPANY

By smrithikaprabhu BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
smrithikaprabhu BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

“Even though fairly financially stable here, knock on wood, I wouldn’t have asked my brother to buy a property for me. All the problems and everything with my family members back in India. I still carry that memories with me from my childhood, like how I struggled because we lived in 400 or 500 sq ft apartment. That’s it. So no privacy, nothing, just one living room, one bedroom, one kitchen, one bathroom. That’s it. That upbringing definitely taught me that value of a home where you feel good, you are empowered, you live a good life, right? I shouldn’t have done it. I started it and I caused it and now I am paying the price for it. That’s why I want my kids to remember to always make sure you reach the right person with the right knowledge, or else it will come back and bite us. It is the ONE thing I regret that I wish I never did. Now, whenever I call India, there is only the nagging feeling of betrayal and disappointment. I wouldn’t have asked ANYTHING because that’s what started everything.” (Parsippany, NJ)   

Inspired by the "Humans of New York" blog.