Senior Star: Heath M.H. | Teen Ink

Senior Star: Heath M.H.

February 13, 2008
By Anonymous

“Starting at running back, a 5'10” senior, number fifty-eight, Heath !” This is what you would have heard if you have gone to a football game this past year. Actually you would have heard something similar to this the past three years. That's right, this current senior has been a varsity starter since his sophomore year. This is an exclusive interview with this three-year starter.


What is your full name?

My full name is Heath M.H..


When and where were you born?

I was born on February 16th, 1990, in Brookings, SD.


How long have you gone to Elkton High School?

I have gone to Elkton High School for my entire schooling.


What is your greatest moment from high school?

My greatest high school moment was during my junior year in football, when we went undefeated through eleven games and went to the dome.


What is your least great moment from high school?

My least great moment in high school was at the dome when we lost to Parker for the 9AA state championship.


What would you say is the best part about being a senior?

The best part about being a senior is knowing that I'm not going to have to deal with the high school drama next year.


What activities are you involved in?

I have been in football for the past four years, along with FFA and 4-H.




Which is your favorite and why?

I would have to say football because it is the greatest game ever and I enjoy hitting other guys to the ground.


How do you see your next four months going?

The next four months should go by faster than what I expect, but they should be real fun. It will also take a lot of work and planning for college.


Where are you planning to attend college?

I have been accepted at SDSU and will enroll there for the fall of 2008 semester.


What are your future plans?

I plan to attend South Dakota State and get a degree in dairy science.


Do you plan on coming back to Elkton after you graduate?

I'll probably stay around the area, depending upon my career and family.


What has been your favorite class while you have been in high school?

My favorite class in high school is history with Mr. Vincent.


What is your typical school day like?

I get up around 7, go to school, go home and go to work until what ever time.


Who would you say has been your greatest influence?

My greatest influence has come from my mother.


What is the greatest place you have traveled to and why?

I traveled out to the Black Hills. Right now, I would have to say it would be a real joy to snowmobile in the hills because there aren't any hills around here and it sounds like it is more fun to go up and down the steep slopes.




What are you favorite memories?

My favorite memories are going to the dome and going to Lake Shetek in the summer with my classmates.

What advice do you have for the underclassmen?
It GOES fast!

What is you dream job?

My dream job is to be a feed nutrionalist with an emphasis on dairy.